Houston Injury Lawyer Focuses on all aspects of Your Recovery
Why Choose a Board-Certified Houston Accident Attorney?
Many laypeople do not understand the difference between licensing and certification, but the difference is huge. An attorney who is licensed to practice law in the state of Texas can choose to practice in any or all areas of the law, so a licensed attorney who has never handled a personal injury case can still claim to be a personal injury lawyer. However, certification requires a certain level of experience, skill and accomplishment. It is a credential that a potential client can and should consider when deciding to entrust a case to an attorney. Houston accident lawyer Shane R. Kadlec earned his certification in personal injury trial law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 2003 and his recertifications in 2008 and 2013.
Board-certified accident attorney gets you the help you need
The Law Office of Shane R. Kadlec serves victims of personal injury and car accidents throughout Texas, especially in the Houston, Beaumont, Galveston, Austin and Rio Grande Valley communities. We understand the full range of your needs — legal assistance, medical care and emotional support — and strive to assist capably in all these areas. When looking online for a top-rated personal injury attorney in Houston that will suit your needs, here are some factors that you should consider:
- Experienced — In addition to having more than 20 years of experience, Shane Kadlec is certified in personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Fewer than 10 percent of all attorneys who practice personal injury have earned this distinction, which requires significant trial experience, rigorous testing and a positive peer evaluation of the attorney’s ability and professionalism.
- Engaged — Shane is a sole practitioner working exclusively in personal injury law. He limits his caseload so he can provide personal attention to every client.
- Helpful — For recently injured clients, our firm can make referrals to more than 50 medical offices to get you the care you need, including diagnostics, orthopedics, neurology and even PTSD counseling. We know that your health comes first, and we do everything possible to enable your physical recovery, affordably, even if you’re uninsured.
- Efficient — We work decisively to obtain as much compensation for you as possible, as quickly as possible. Although we are fully capable of taking a case to trial, we believe our clients are best served by reasonable settlements that get them cash quickly, without the additional expense and delays that trials require. Getting your life back on track is our number one priority, and the best way to reach that goal is with efficient strategies that deliver greater compensation in less time.
Specialized legal assistance in Houston following your injury accident
At the Law Office of Shane R. Kadlec, we want you to make a complete recovery from your personal injury: physically, emotionally and financially. If you are recently injured or are not satisfied with the quality of care you’re receiving, we can refer you for medical treatment and psychological services from our network of healthcare providers, who are often willing to wait for payment until you obtain compensation. While you’re focused on restoring your health, we get to work thoroughly investigating the event that caused your injury. Whether you’re the victim of a motor vehicle accident or medical malpractice, you can rely on us to assemble the evidence necessary to build a compelling personal injury case. Because we believe that a settlement today is worth more to you than a verdict five years in the future, we negotiate firmly and aggressively to obtain a full and fair settlement so you can put your accident behind you and get on with your life.
What are the requirements for TX board certification in personal injury law?
Lawyers who desire board certification must undergo a rigorous application process that assesses their knowledge, abilities, experience and professionalism. Requirements include:
- A minimum of five years of legal experience
- Dedication of at least 25 percent of the attorney’s practice to personal injury litigation
- Substantial trial experience
- Comprehensive written testing
- Peer review by legal professionals practicing personal injury law who are familiar with the applicant’s abilities and professionalism
- Successful completion of continuing legal education (CLE) curriculum
Certification expires every five years, and the lawyer’s practice is subject to review to ensure that the standards of specialization have been maintained.
True specialists in personal injury law
Under state bar rules, only board-certified attorneys, such as Shane Kadlec, can claim to be specialists in a particular area of the law. Given the obvious advantages that distinction brings, you’d expect attorneys to clamor for certification. Yet only about 10 percent undertake the rigorous screening to earn certification in any practice area.
The advantage to consumers of choosing a board-certified attorney
As a consumer of legal services, you can have confidence choosing a board-certified attorney. Board-certified attorneys are prescreened and endorsed by the Supreme Court of Texas and the State Bar of Texas for skill and professionalism. And in the area of personal injury, where attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, it doesn’t cost any more to have a true legal specialist represent you.
Start on your road to recovery — Call our Houston personal injury law firm today!
To learn more about how the Law Office of Shane R. Kadlec can win compensation for your injuries, call us at 281.643.2000 or contact our Houston office online. If your injuries prevent you from visiting us, our Houston accidents attorneys can come to your home or hospital room. We offer free consultations and accept cases on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees unless we obtain compensation through a settlement or verdict.